ATTENTION COACHES – Have you registered online to Coach yet?
All coaches and assistant coaches for OBGC need to click on “KidSafe and Adult Registration” and register to be a coach. It’s quick, harmless and mandatory!! The coaches’ registration process will allow us to complete a background check on coaches and assistant coaches in order to better protect our children and also help us organize team rosters more quickly. Thank you for volunteering as a coach with OBGC!!
MANDATORY NYSCA/COACHES CLINICS – All Coaches
Reminder – ALL coaches must register through KidSafe. All coaches are REQUIRED to be NYSCA Certified for each sport they coach. This fall OBGC will allow it’s first time coaches to take NYSCA training online. If you are interested in the online training please e-mail your name, address, phone, number, and sport to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
As a coach, you will realize that you are one of the most important and impactful role models in a child’s life. Your words and your actions will have a positive and potentially devastating impact on the emotional well-being of the children in your charge. Coaching is a privilege and with it comes responsibility. Coaches set the tone for the team and are responsible for the conduct of their players, parents and any other coaches on the field.
All children are influenced by my leadership and authority and as their coach; I understand I am a role model. I agree to the following:
1. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of any
personal desire or pressure to win.
2. I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, opposing
coach, player, parent or spectator such as: arguing, refusing to shake hands,
excessive yelling or belittling or using profane language or gestures.
3. I will treat each official and opposing coach with respect and will not engage in open
arguments or confrontations.
4. I will treat my players fairly and will work towards improving a player’s individual
skill set and I will adhere to the player participation rules set forth for my sport by
5. I will do my best to provide a safe and encouraging playing situation for my players.
6. I will teach my players to treat other players, coaches and officials with respect
regardless of age, race, creed, color, gender, or ability.
7. I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all players.
8. I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all players.
9. I will be knowledgeable in the rules of the sport I coach, and I will teach players to
play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
10. I promise to review and practice the basic first aid principles needed to treat injuries
of my players.
11. I will use coaching techniques appropriate for the skills that I teach.
12. I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that games are for children and
NOTE: Any and all reported violations will be submitted to the Disciplinary Committee of the Board of Directors for action which can include sanctions and or expulsion from OBGC sponsored events. Coaches are to report any violations of the Parent, Coach or Player Code of Conduct directly and immediately to the Commissioner of their sport.